Issue 84, Autumn 2016
In this issue
- Marketing, Media & SalesEntertainment and media companies can tap into many pockets of growth and opportunity. Our intensive analysis of five shifts roiling the industry can help you identify them.
- Marketing, Media & SalesFour strategies that work in this dynamic new world.
- Marketing, Media & SalesWhat do feature phones, regional newspapers, and smartphones have in common? They’re all vehicles for the country’s remarkable move to digital broadband.
- Marketing, Media & SalesIn order to build engagement and loyalty in a climate of intense competition and distraction, media companies have to understand their customers, viewers, and readers as fans.
- Marketing, Media & SalesIf you could draft an all-star team of entertainment and media assets and capabilities, who would you pick?
- HealthcareFour strategies for creating value in life sciences.
- Thought LeadersTuck professor Eesha Sharma on how perceptions of personal wealth affect the decisions people make.
- Strategy & LeadershipThe most capable strategists see the real value, and big pitfalls, in new business concepts.
- FinanceThe case for consolidation in U.S. retail and commercial banking.
- Business LiteratureIn his new book, Charles Duhigg demonstrates that making the right choices is the key to boosting personal productivity.
- FinanceNew investments in infrastructure by private asset managers are changing the way the world finances its cities, power systems, and transportation links.
- Marketing, Media & SalesThe firm’s CEO explains how the global agency is deploying its resources to connect effectively with clients and consumers across industry and geographic borders.
- Marketing, Media & SalesThe company’s top marketing executive describes the social network’s ambitious efforts to forge enduring and meaningful relationships — with employees, industry partners, and everyone else on Earth.
Books in Brief
- Business LiteratureIn his new book, Arun Sundararajan paints a rosy picture of the revolutionary companies and platforms that are altering the nature of work.
- Business LiteratureSuperbosses examines the talent practices of those rare leaders whose protégés go on to dominate industries.
- Business LiteratureIn his new book, evolutionary biologist Joseph Henrich argues that culture and behavior can have an important impact on evolution.
- Global PerspectiveHas American economic history proved that pragmatism is the most effective ideology?