- Operations & ManufacturingThe interlinked platforms that make up Industry 4.0 represent a new kind of challenge for manufacturers and other technology-intensive companies. With four key business ecosystems, they can make this new world their own.
- Strategy & LeadershipHow the restaurant mogul behind Union Square Cafe, Shake Shack, and many other dining destinations uses culture to drive scale. See also “Building a Culture of Hospitality: Danny Meyer’s Team Prepares for Service.”
- Strategy & LeadershipBusinesses need to develop their behavior, cognitive, and network capital so they can create and capture value that competitors can’t erode.
- Marketing, Media & SalesSubscription models can bring a steady revenue stream for companies that understand the customer life cycle.
- s+b BlogsStrategy & LeadershipBy embracing the concept of “yes, and,” managers can improve how they communicate. See also “Three Questions to Help You Become a ‘Yes, And’ Leader.”
- Thought LeadersAuthor and technology consultant Dave McComb on how to curb runaway IT spending.
- TechnologyIf it is to drive business success, AI cannot hide in a black box. For more insight, see “3 Steps to Building Trust in AI.”
- Operations & ManufacturingKeeping up with the growing volume of e-commerce will require delivery companies to disrupt their long-standing business model.
- Global PerspectiveThree “stretch” strategies can help teams move forward when members can’t agree and don’t like or trust one another.
- Strategy & LeadershipWith tax rules changing and interest rates set to rise globally, companies need to organize their operations around a new value equation.
The Thought Leader Interview
- Thought LeadersThe company that owns AOL and Yahoo is investing in content, software, and better online user experiences for marketers and consumers.
Books in Brief
- A new book argues that the global financial crisis that began in 2008 would have been much worse without American financial innovation.
- In his exuberant new book, the management guru sums up 50 years of experience with exhortations to pursue excellence.
- s+b BlogsAlthough supervisors’ humor can boost workplace morale, too many jokes or the wrong sort can leave employees feeling disengaged and more apt to break the rules.