- GMOGaming, artificial intelligence, and deep learning are paving the way for dynamic and resilient 21st-century business models.
- GMOToday’s toughest global challenges are unintended consequences of yesterday’s success. If our prevailing institutions can’t adapt, they could lose the right to lead.
- Filmmakers with local heroes and digital technologies are disrupting Hollywood’s global advantage.
- Tech & innovationAerospace businesses could benefit from sharing data about aircraft history, maintenance, and operations.
- Consumer & retailThe metric was useful in simpler times, when companies were beginning to understand the importance of customer experience. But it’s time to replace it.
- s+b BlogsConsumer & retailOnce drivers become passengers, a new “fifth-screen” economy focused on the in-car experience will flourish.
- s+b BlogsLeadershipExperiential learning approaches that give management students exposure to adversity can help create empathetic leaders who are motivated to build a more equitable, sustainable future.
- Thought leadersProfessor Jochen Menges on the ways companies can develop well-being initiatives that genuinely make people feel better.
- StrategyMaking decisions based on hard evidence requires a major shift in culture, technology, and mind-set.
- Tech & innovationThe rise of connected, autonomous, shared, and electric vehicles will reshape the industry. The challenge in the meantime is survival.
- LeadershipThree key pay and performance metrics can help define and influence an organization’s values.
Books in Brief
- Business booksIn his new book, Neil Irwin finds that people who succeed in management careers do so by trying new things, learning from failures, and embracing changes in direction.
- Business booksIn their new book on what makes high schools work, education experts Jal Mehta and Sarah Fine offer vital lessons for business leaders as well.
- Business booksJames Vlahos’s new book, Talk to Me, is a good starting point for exploring how voice computing could disrupt your business.
- Business booksIn his new book, Michael O’Sullivan looks to the past to find a future for the post-globalization world.
The Thought Leader Interview
- Jean-Dominique Senard, the departing CEO of Michelin and incoming chair of Renault and of the Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi alliance, argues that the prevailing concept of corporate purpose needs an update.
- s+b BlogsCorporate social responsibility can be tricky, especially for multinationals. A new study lays out some guidance.