Issue 98, Spring 2020
- GMOYou can transform your company by strengthening the links among all three types of activity.
- LeadershipTop leaders share a particular habit of mind that sets them apart.
- Consumer & retailThe company’s Central and South America unit transformed itself after implementing a more nimble approach that stoked innovation and increased employees’ free time.
- Tech & innovationFor agribusinesses, implementing new technologies requires focusing on four critical capabilities.
- s+b BlogsOrganizations & peopleThe movie shows that diverse individuals can work together to overcome extraordinarily daunting challenges.
- s+b BlogsLeadershipFormer Tata Group director R. Gopalakrishnan, who's written a new book, says the best leaders focus on building both a better business and a better world.
- Organizations & peopleAs businesses put trillions of dollars into digital transformations, they need a plan to ensure that middle management is helping make the most of the investment.
- Energy & sustainabilityAmid alarming scarcity, some companies are going beyond incremental improvements to change how water is used and managed.
- Consumer & retailUnderstanding how specialist companies succeed can help all leaders learn ways to stick to their strategies.
The Thought Leader Interview
- The former Stanford president and current Alphabet chair distills leadership lessons from a long career in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Books in Brief
- In his new book, Nobel-winning economist Robert J. Shiller emphasizes the importance of narratives.
- In his new book, Oxford University economist Daniel Susskind sketches out the perils and promise of automation’s displacement of labor.
- In Diversity, Inc., NYU journalism professor Pamela Newkirk revisits decades of investment in D&I, and asks why the returns have been so meager.
- s+b BlogsCustomers give personal information to companies that are careful about trust, transparency, and the type of data they request.